The Day of Your Skydive
The Day Of Your Skydive:
- Wear soft soled tennis shoes and comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. Tight Jeans (guy's) are NOT recommended.
- Drink plenty of water and eat normally.
When You Arrive:
- Check in at the office and we will help you fill out the necessary paperwork.
- One of our USPA Instructors will brief you on the equipment and technique for tandem parachute freefall and landing.
15 Minute Call:
- Once you are on a call, our staff will outfit you with all the gear you need to make your skydive, and you will meet your instructor and your cameraman.
- You will board one of our awesome airplanes, takeoff and climb to exit altitude.
Climbing To Altitude:
- On the way to exit altitude your instructor will go over the skydive again, answer any questions you may have, and prepare the equipment for your adventure.
- Once you are securely attached to your instructor, the door will be opened and experienced jumpers will begin to exit the aircraft.
- If you have a cameraman, they will climb outside the aircraft. Meanwhile, you and your instructor will move to the edge of the door and then it's, READY..., SET..., GO!!!
- The freefall portion of your skydive is an exhilarating 45 seconds of 120 M.P.H. freefall where you and your instructor will perform turning maneuvers and at the appropriate altitude, your instructor will open your parachute.
The Parachute Ride:
- When your instructor opens the parachute, the freefall is over but the adventure is not. Maybe it is the difference in noise or speed, but most people describe this as overwhelmingly Peaceful.
- After about a 5 minute scenic parachute ride you and your instructor will land back where it all began.
After the Skydive:
- What's next if I want to learn to skydive? You can start Accelerated Freefall training (AFF) which involves learning to skydive under direct supervision of our professional instructors. Skydive East Tennessee is a USPA (US Parachute Assocication) designated Training Center.
skydiving gatlinburg tennessee
skydive smoky mountains
parachute center knoxville tennessee
tennessee pigeon forge skydive